Ruth Bader Ginsburg I Dissent READ ALOUD STEM™ Activity
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Integrate STEM and Social Students during Women's History Month in your makerspace, STEM Club, Library, and 1st Grade through 5th Grade classroom! Teach students that anyone can be successful in STEM and important leaders in our world regardless of gender.Build a lunar lander to help Apollo AstronauPrice $10.00Original Price $13.00Save $3.00
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneerPrice $100.00Original Price $158.25Save $58.25
Integrate STEM in your classroom during Women's History Month with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Scales of Justice STEM Activity!
The Ruth Bader Ginsburg STEM Challenge is a fun and unique way to engage your students during Women's History Month. Teach students that anyone can be a successful positive influence regardless of gender. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been a champion of women's rights for decades in the United States Court System.
Students begin the activity by reading about Lady Justice and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. We recommend also using I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy with this resource to help students develop background knowledge.
Students design, build, and test their own Scales of Justice! We included an easier option for younger grades and a more difficult challenge for older grades.
After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
BONUS: An opinion writing activity is included as a follow up for students to learn about persuasive writing. In this opinion writing activity, students are encouraged to write to their local congressman or congresswoman about an issue that they believe is unjust.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM teachers, elementary librarians, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
- Plastic Cups
- Ruler or Paint Stirrer or Clothes Hanger
- Binder Clips
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy. (Recommended)
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Instructions
- Student Scales of Justice STEM Activity
- Student Reflection Sheet
- Reading Passage
- Opinion Writing Activity
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on this listing.