The S Blends Word Work Mega Bundle contains everything you need for your students to learn and practise reading words with s blends. The activities in this bundle will make learning to read words with s blends fun, interactive, and hands on.
The S Blends Word Work Mega Bundle includes the following printables:
- S Blend Posters for the classroom. The following s blends are included: sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw
- Pocket chart sorting picture cards: There are 4 picture cards for each s blend for students to sort. Two worksheets accompany this activity – match the blend by coloring pictures with a matching blend and a cut and paste picture sorting worksheet that covers a mixture of s blends.
- Write the Room Activity: Children locate the cards and write the s blend word beside the matching picture on the worksheet. There are 4 different corresponding worksheets.
- S Blend Word Building Mats: Students look at the pictures and match the blends to the word part to complete the word. There are 4 word-building mats with corresponding cut and paste worksheets.
- I Spy S Blend Mats: Students use a magnifying glass to look for hidden s blend words. They record their discoveries on the worksheet. There are two I Spy S Blends Mats with 12 words hidden on each mat.
- Roll and Read Blends: Students roll a die and read the words in the matching column. The mats can be laminated so students can cross the word out as they read it. There are 2 mats.
- S Blends Coloring Mats: Students color the pictures that match the blend in the center.
- S Blends Clip Circle Cards: Using small clothes pegs, children identify the picture that matches the blend in the middle of the circle. They clip the peg on to each picture that matches the blend.
- Spin and Write the Blends: Using a paperclip and pencil, students spin the paper clip to make a complete word using the blend and the word part on the spinner. Students write the complete word on the space provided on the worksheet.
- Blend Flip Books: Students color in the pictures and cut out the pages to make into a blend booklet.
This bundle is 90 pages long and covers the following common core standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2b Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.