Also included in
- We're all familiar with common phonological patterns such as fronting and stopping... but have you ever tried to find materials for less common phonological patterns and have failed to find anything?This bundle targets less common phonological patterns: initial consonant deletion, deaffrication, 's'$47.25$52.50Save $5.25
- Minimal pairs therapy is one of the oldest and well-known phonological interventions. This comprehensive packet contains visual and metaphonological cues in the form of a child-friendly story to make "teaching the rule" easier to understand for children.✅-- This COMPLETE bundle contains 'toolkits' f$93.50$110.00Save $16.50
Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for S-Th substitution and felt that your students would benefit from having this pattern explained to them in terms that they understood? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (introducing the idea of snake out of the cage sounds), and then pair it with visuals and concepts that you can use to cue your student throughout the therapy process.
DOWNLOAD this toolkit if you want to:
✅ -- Understand the steps in minimal pairs therapy
✅ -- Complete familiarization and auditory discrimination tasks in a print or digital format
✅ -- Get a list of multisensory activity ideas to help teach the concept
✅ -- Have a set of high-quality minimal cards
✅ -- Use the print or digital story to introduce the phonological cues
✅ -- Evidence-based information about minimal pairs therapy
⭐This resource is intended to be the STARTING PLACE for minimal pairs therapy.⭐
FIRST Introduce the concept that there are snake in and out of the cage sounds by reading the child-friendly story and completing some of the hands-on learning activities.
NEXT By using the print or digital version, complete familiarization and auditory discrimination activities so that you students understand and can hear the difference between the pairs.
THEN Use these snake in and out of the cage concepts as cues as you engage in drill-play games using the beautifully illustrated minimal pairs cards.
⭐DID YOU KNOW that this resource is part of a six-series bundle? You get a discount when you purchase the complete Minimal Pairs Toolkit for Less Common Patterns!⭐
Word targets in this packet:
- S-TH voiceless initial position (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- S-TH voiceless final position (4 pairs - 8 cards)
- Z-TH voiced final position (4 pairs - 8 cards)
- Please note that this resource is not intended for children with lateral lisps or distortions of /s/, only those who have a clear S-Th substitution pattern.
✅ -- Evidence-based practice rationales and minimal pairs flowchart
✅ -- Multisensory activities to help support the phonological concept
✅ -- Minimal pairs word lists
✅ -- Snake in and out of the cage visuals (in various sizes to fit on task boxes etc.)
✅ -- 32 minimal pairs cards in color + black and white
✅ -- A print and digital copy called ‘My Snake Out of the Cage Story’ that introduces the metalinguistic concepts of windy and exploding sounds
✅ -- A digital copy set of cards for familiarization and auditory discrimination
⭐FEEL PREPARED & GET THE MINIMAL PAIRS TOOLKIT BUNDLE!⭐
If you are looking for some more in this series:
1. on the Minimal Pairs Toolkit Bundle for Less Common Patterns. This contains x6 minimal pairs toolkits for less common phonological patterns.
2. and purchase The Complete Minimal Pairs Toolkit Bundle. This contains x12 minimal pairs toolkits for the most common phonological patterns you treat.
Rebecca Reinking is an SLP who works privately with children who have speech sound disorders. She has a particular interest in phonological interventions and strives to connect and collaborate with speech scientists to bridge the gap between research and clinical practice.
Watch my minimal pair videos on Instagram: @adventuresinspeechpathology
Learn more about phonological therapy and join my email list.
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org