An all in one product aligned to standards but modified for special education. This is also a great tool for differentiated instruction or to create work samples for student portfolios. This unit includes enough tasks to complete the science requirement for alternate assessment artifacts. In this comprehensive unit you will receive the following:
1. Pre-assessment. Matching weather instrument pictures to names
2. Includes read aloud story introducing weather instruments through the eyes of a child
3. Vocabulary fill in the blank books (one geared for more advanced learners)
4. Simple pictures and texts with sample question and answer following each weather instrument in regard to how it works or when it is useful.
5. Labeling parts of simple weather instruments
6. Weather journal for recording daily weather conditions at school perfect for interacting with regular education students outside of the class room using a simple thermometer and rain gauge.
7. This unit is perfect for alternate assessment portfolios and includes the characteristic of science (using scientific tools and recording data).
8. Each activity includes a place to record student scores and prompt number/levels (if any).
9. word wall cards and pictures can be used for independent matching or writing activities/ centers.