This Lesson will give you a general idea of the quality of our work. We hope you will download it and check it out!
In this Lesson, students identify patterns, represent and interpret expanded notation up to 9,999,999 and represent digits in relation to their place value.
NOTE: The student lesson pages are included in this Teacher Guide for your review. The student lesson pages are NOT included in this sample. They are included in the complete download located here:
The full download packet includes:
Student Lesson includes:
- Think About: Anticipatory Set questions
- Watch: Anticipatory Set introductory video Unit: Numbers
- Introductory Content: for student study/review
- Concept Video: for student study/review
- Example: A trial example with solved work for students to check for understanding
- Now It’s Your Turn: Guided Practice with solutions
- Mastery: Quiz for students to proof understanding (teacher assessment)
- Learning Tool: For further use and independent work
Teacher Guide to help you plan and deliver your lesson, and/or provide instruction to parents and students if you choose to assign the lesson as homework.
The Teacher Guide includes:
- Curriculum Alignments
- Materials List
- Timing and Pacing
- Learning Setting Options
- Homework Instructions for Parents / Guardians
- Assessment Strategies Formative and Summative
- Lesson Plan Procedures
- Answer Key
The Lesson includes videos for student viewing.
COMMON CORE STANDARD(S)
This lesson is foundational to addressing:
Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers.
- Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right.
Place Value to Millions
- Categorize the place value of each digit in a given numeral.
- Express a given numeral in expanded notation.
- Write the numeral represented by a given expanded notation.
DEPTH OF KNOWLEDGE
This lesson helps students to describe, explain and interpret at the following levels of complexity:
- Level 1: Recall
Level 2: Skill/Concept: Identifying patterns, organizing, representing and interpreting.
You may be interested in the many other Math 4 lessons we have created for you. We publish regularly with lessons in Numbers, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
Email us to sign up for updates from us and we will let you know as each lesson is released.
Email: email@example.com with “subscribe” in the subject line
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward free TPT purchases. We appreciate any feedback you can send our way! New products are 20% off for the first 72 hours they are posted. It pays to follow us!
We hope we help to get you Ready for the Bell!
Robin and Wayne