The Christmas season can be stressful, so let the Santa FINE MOTOR busy bins help you get through December! These busy bins allow you to add fine motor work to your schedule each day as your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students enter the room each day.
The busy bins include 12 Santa and Christmas themed activities
that all have a fine motor aspect to them. Strengthen fine motor muscles to get them ready to hold a pencil, use scissors confidently, and get those hands ready to form letters correctly!
The busy bins are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The Santa fine motor busy bins are the 5th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. Buy the bundle and save!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or buckets too). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. It couldn't be more simple!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
SANTA FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
– Build simple Christmas themed items with snap cubes.
- Use kid-friendly squeezers to sort pom poms on to colored ornaments.
Candy Cane Chains
- Connect the correct number of candy canes using chain links or pipe cleaners.
Tracing Picture Cards
- Trace the dotted lines to create Christmas themed pictures.
- Add the correct number of presents to the sleigh by drawing squares or adding real mini presents.
Santa Hat Shapes
- Use play dough to form shapes on the shape cards.
Clap - Count - Cover
- Clap the syllables in the word in the picture, snap together the correct number of cubes (according to how many syllables), and cover the picture with those cubes.
Candy Cane Letters
- Use a squish bag (or other writing tray) and a candy cane to write uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Match letters in words with magnets or small letters to spell Christmas themed words.
- Count and add the ornaments in the Christmas trees and clip the correct answer - no addition skills needed!
- Trace or build the path with beads, mini buttons, etc. to help Santa get back to his sleigh.
- Put the puzzles together to create mini Christmas scenes.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
plastic chain links or pipe cleaners
dry erase markers
red food coloring or liquid water colors
beads, buttons, mini erasers
Our SANTA Literacy & Math
centers complete the Santa themed set and are the PERFECT partner to these fine motor busy bins!