Products in this Bundle (32)
showing 1-5 of 32 products
Improve your Pre-AP/Honors/AP students’ inference-based reading skills with analytical tasks - primarily rooted in novels - that led my AP English Language students to a 93% pass rate.
✅ Learn from my blog post how to boost your students' pass rates with these resources!
Informed by over 10 years of teaching and developing resources for 9 and 10 Honors, AP Language, and AP Literature, this growing bundle of resources includes the following SAT/AP English Lang/Lit prep materials:
- 7 engaging digital escape rooms* with SAT/AP Prep questions for the following texts: A Christmas Carol (5-star rated!), A Separate Peace, Animal Farm (5-star rated!), Jane Eyre (5-star rated!), Macbeth (5-star rated in its bundle!), The Scarlet Letter (5-star rated in its bundle!), and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (5-star rated!)
- 200+ inference-based multiple choice questions which are passage-based
- Accompanying passages with line numbers for easy formatting (except for the texts with asterisks below; for these, I've included the chapters and page numbers for reference as they can't be included due to copyright)
- A rhetorical writing exercise based on the Declaration of Independence that students love!
- Analysis exercises
- Annotation guides for poetry, prose, and dialogue
- A poetic devices scavenger hunt
- A structural scavenger hunt and analysis of structural choices in an opinion/persuasive article (5-star rated!)
BASED ON THE TEXTS BELOW:
- A Christmas Carol (printable and digital) (5-star rated!)
- A Farewell to Arms (printable)
- A Separate Peace (printable and digital) (5-star rated!)
- Animal Farm (printable and digital) (5-star rated!)
- Lord of the Flies (printable and digital)
- Macbeth (printable and digital)
- Romeo and Juliet (rooted in *Kate Danley’s Queen Mab) - developed for Honors Grade 9/Pre-AP (printable and digital)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (printable) (5-star rated!)
- The Grapes of Wrath (printable) (5-star rated!)
- The Great Gatsby (printable) (5-star rated!)
- The Odyssey (rooted in *Madeline Miller’s Circe) - developed for Honors Grade 9/Pre-AP (printable and digital)
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (complete unit of AP/SAT prep with questions for every chapter and 2 versions of a quiz) (printable and editable) (5-star rated!)
- The Scarlet Letter (printable) (5-star rated!)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God (printable) two passages and accompanying questions (The Chapter 20 questions are 5-star rated!)
Please check out the previews above to learn more about these resources.
*Technology requirements: *Please read before purchasing this resource*
Because these digital escape room are Google Sites, students will need a Google account to access the materials. Before purchasing this resource, please test:
- Google Sites: Please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I suggest checking with your IT department.
- Jigsawplanet.com: Students will not be able to access one of the activities without being able to access this site.
- Firewalls: I can't control firewalls that your school district may have in place and I'm not responsible if this site doesn't work at your school. Please be sure you check the sites above, and ensure your students have Google accounts so that this runs successfully.
Lead your students to the same reaction that one of my 9th grade Honors students recently shared with me: "I've never had to think like this before.”
Purchasing now will save you a lot as the price will increase as more materials are added, but you will be able to access all future materials for free! THE PRICE HAS ALREADY INCREASED SIX TIMES!
Resources in this bundle have been described as:
- "This was great pre-AP practice for my honors 10 kids...It was rigorous and wonderful preparation before heading to AP Lang!"
- "These are excellent practice for my AP students!"
- "Excited to use this with my students!"
- "I found this very helpful. The AP Lit kids thought the questions were challenging and thought-provoking."
- "Great inference questions and good passages to base them on."
Love growing bundles? The following resources will be updated shortly. Purchase before they're added and you'll receive the updates for free!
- Growing Bundle of No Prep High School English Sub Plans (Digital) (5-star rated!)
- Growing Bundle Digital Escape Rooms for English Language Arts Distance Learning
Thank you for visiting my store! Please follow me (by easily clicking HERE!) to receive freebies and updates about new products! New products are 50% OFF for the first 24 hours!
Your feedback is valuable to me! I would love to hear your feedback on this resource. Simply go to your "My Purchases" page where you will see a review button. Click on "Have you used this resource? If so, leave a review." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you so much!
© Innovative English Instruction