Students will read a variety of passages from U.S. History. Each passage is followed by questions that very accurately mimic the reading test on the newly redesigned SAT. An SAT style writing prompt is included as well.
The following passages are included.
1. Frederick Douglass’ Speech on Reconstruction
2. Susan B. Anthony: Is it a crime to vote?
3. U.S. Imperialism: An Ambivalent Empire & A Splendid Little War
4. Wilson's & Roosevelt's Addresses to Congress
5. The Start of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1940s-1950s
6. Lyndon B. Johnson’s Remarks on the Immigration Bill, 1965
7. NOW’s Statement of Purpose
These passages and questions are also useful for preparing for any common core reading assessment. The writing prompts are also useful for preparing for any common core writing assessment.
Take a look at the preview and you will see this is a high quality product that will give your students great practice for the SAT or other common core assessments while also teaching them about essential aspects of U.S. History.