I have used this product for the past ten years. These prompts never fail to engage students and help them produce their best writing. The kids love these writing prompts, my teammates love them, even my dad loves them! I use these in a 4th grade classroom, but they should work for most intermediate classrooms.
In my own classroom I use these as On Demand Writing. Each prompt takes about 1-2 weeks to complete. I have added a rubric aligned to the Common Core and student self-reflection pages to support additional instruction.
This set includes five prompts. Each prompt is separated into three parts: a beginning, middle and end. Students are guided in what to write at each part. This guidance provides structure for students, helps struggling students experience success without limiting other students, and creates excitement and enthusiasm for writing.
Each prompt has:
• Three direction pages (beginning, middle and end) with specific instructions for each prompt, space to pre-write, and a checklist of strategies for success.
• A student reflection page.
• A common template for a rough draft.
• A common template for a final draft.
• A rubric aligned to the Common Core for scoring.