This SBAC-style performance task prepares your students for reading multiple sources, answering research questions and writing an essay, just like they'll see on SBAC.
Here's what's included:
* 3 sources, each with a graphic organizer to take notes
* 3 research questions about the sources
* An opinion writing task
* Answer key for Part 1 research questions
The source titles are:
1. The Landing of the Pilgrims (poem by Felicia Hemans)
2. Voyage on the Mayflower
3. Early Days in Massachusetts
The Lexile levels of the articles are 760 and 830. This is within the Lexile band for 4th grade, but could also be used with 3rd graders. Poems are not formatted for Lexile leveling, and so it does not have a level included.
Please take a look at the preview for more details. Thank you!