Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Prepare your students for the SBAC.
WITH THIS BUNDLE YOU GET
- 2 BRIEF WRITES--Paper & GOOGLE FORM versions
- 1 REVISE A BRIEF TEXT (with 7 short texts with distractors)
- 1 set of PAIRED ARTICLES, "EARTHQUAKE!" & "ABOUT EARTHQUAKES" on GOOGLE FORMS with MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS and PROMPTS
INTEREST LEVEL: 3rd - 10th Grades
READING LEVEL: 3rd Grade
2 - Nonfiction BRIEF WRITES for 3rd - 6th GRADES
- #1 "ABOUT BUTTERFLIES' missing BODY PARAGRAPH 3
- #2 "ANIMALS DO COMMUNICATE" missing the CONCLUDING PARAGRAPH
Also called "Write a Brief Text", prepare your students for the SBAC assessment.
Most students LEAVE Brief Writes BLANK on the SBAC. They don't know what to do. SHOW your students HOW to
- break down the directions and turn them into tasks
- understand what is needed to complete the tasks
- write in the style implied.
Show your students how to CRITICALLY analyze a text to determine what is MISSING IN THE TEXT so they can finish it. So many reading and writing standards are used.
- Teaching Guides
- 2 Nonfiction Brief Writes for grades 3 - 6 missing the CONCLUDING Paragraph
- Sample ANSWERS
- GOOGLE FORM Versions and PAPER Versions
- Skill & TASK breakdown
- Brief Write CORRELATIONS
Use the PAPER VERSION with students.
Or use the ELECTRONIC version on GOOGLE FORMS.
#2: 7 SBAC REVISE A BRIEF TEXT-style Short Texts with Revision Questions
The 7 Short Texts practice HOW TO REVISE on the SBAC Assessment--ADD, DELETE, or CHANGE.
Prepare your students for the SBAC assessment.
Often students LEAVE Revise a Brief Text BLANK on the SBAC. Or they click around not sure of what to do.
This gives you the time to show your students how to
• break down the directions and turn them into tasks
• understand what is needed to complete the tasks
• write in the style implied.
Show your students how to CRITICALLY analyze a text to determine what to ADD, DELETE, or CHANGE within a text so they can finish the assessment strong.
• 38 page PDF Paper Version
• 9 Google Forms--to provide OPTIONS for how you want students to use them
• Sample ANSWERS
• Distractor Analysis
• GOOGLE FORM Version and PAPER Version
• REVISE a Brief Text STANDARDS CORRELATIONS
• Hand Outs
Depending on each state's requirements, there are often 6 - 14 questions in this style on the SBAC.
Use the PAPER version with students. Or use the ELECTRONIC versions provided on GOOGLE FORMS.