18 questions in Spanish about Christmas in Spain. Students can start anywhere on the list. They write down the answers. You check the order of the answers to make sure they answered all the questions correctly.
The answer at the top of the sheet is not for the question at the bottom of the sheet.
• print these up
• (I highlight the answers so they see them from the other
side of the room)
SHUFFLE THE SHEETS...do not put them up in the order
• place them all over the room at eye level
• kids work in pairs
• have them start at different places
• the answers are on the top (what they are looking for from whatever question they started with on the bottom half)
• they write down the answers
• when they get them all done, you check it with the key....IT’S THE ORDER, NOT THE NUMBERS THAT IS IMPORTANT
• I think it will my Spanish three kids about 10-15 to finish this and they are using the language (I will use it next week & update if needed)
*********Once you see it done it makes sense, but I agree it is confusing at first. Having kids start at different places lessens traffic jams and forces them to find the answer to the questions.
Step 3 is helpful---highlight the answers (top part of sheet) This way they know to look for the highlighted answer that goes to the unhighlighted question on the previous sheet.
IT IS CRUCIAL TO MODEL THE ACTIVITY THE FIRST TIME. I choose a starting point & and then ask the question out loud. The students find the answer on another sheet & I move to that spot of the room & write down the question on my sheet. Then I ask the 2nd question out loud & the students find the answer & I move to that spot of the room & write down the answer. They get the idea after that demonstration.
The important part is the ORDER of the questions that is important so you know they got the right answers.
hard questions: my kids got nacimiento & pesebre/Belén confused, they had a hard time with angeles & villancicos, they also didn't read the whole clue & confused what the kids leave for the 3 kings & what the 3 kings leave for the kids
I WILL IMPROVE THIS OVER WINTER BREAK so that the 3 above problems don't occur.