SCHOOL MONKEYS - Roll and Cover – Roll and Color (Colour) Games – Addition and Subtraction
The theme for these games is monkeys with school supplies; perfect for the beginning of the year or all year long!
Roll and Color / Cover games may be played with a partner or independently. They are helpful in reinforcing number, subitizing, addition, and subtraction skills.
This set contains 6 different games that are differentiated to include the following skills and math operations:
1. Roll 1 die: number recognition
2. Roll 2 dice: 2 addends
3. Roll 1 die and add 1: adding 1 more
4. Roll 1 die and subtract 1: less 1
5. Roll 2 dice and add 1: 3 addends
6. Roll 2 dice and subtract 1: 2 addends, less 1
Roll and Cover
– Easy prep! Print the colored pages on cardstock or mount them on construction paper. I like to laminate the sheets so they will last longer. Add 1-2 dice and two colors of game markers (such as counters, teddy bears, or cubes), and this activity is ready to go!
Roll and Color / Roll and Colour
- No prep! Black and white pages to copy for your students to color in the number and picture. ** Included is the American spelling of “color” as well as the UK / Canadian / Australian / New Zealand spelling, “colour.” Please be sure that you open the correct file for your needs!
Needed to play:
1. 1 – 2 number cubes/dice (the number depends on which game sheet you use)
2. Game markers such as counters, teddy bears, cubes to cover the numbers: 2 different colors if playing with 2 people;
3. Crayons if you are using the black/white coloring pages.
There are variations on how to play the game:
• The simplest variation is to roll a die and cover the number (or sum or difference, depending on which game sheet is being used) that is rolled.
• When two (or more) people are playing, the game may be played by taking turns rolling one or two dice (and adding or subtracting, depending on the game sheet version):
→ Player A rolls the dice and covers/colors the corresponding number on the game sheet.
→ Player B takes the next turn and colors/covers the corresponding number.
→ The game continues like this until all numbers have been colored/covered. Players may count up their colors/markers and see who covered/colored the most numbers.
→ If a person rolls a number that is already taken by the other player, s/he loses a turn and it is the next player’s turn.
If you like this item, you may also be interested in:
★ AUTUMN - Roll and Cover – Color (Colour) Games–Add and Subtract
★ OWL Math - Addition - Subtraction -Roll-Cover - Graphing - Sequencing
★ SEA LIFE Math - Addition - Subtraction -Roll-Cover - Graphing - Sequencing
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Thanks for stopping by!
Please e-mail me with any questions about this product or suggestions for future products at: email@example.com
Please consider leaving a rating and comment
on this item to earn credit toward future TpT purchases
! I value your feedback! It gives me the information that I need to continue creating high-quality products for your classroom!