SCIENCE OF READING SOUND WALL WITH REAL MOUTH PICTURES FOR ARTICULATION ⭐ CONSONANTS AND VOWEL VALLEY REFERENCE CARDS OR POSTERS WITH LOCKS FOR KINDERGARTEN AND 1ST / 2ND / 3RD GRADE
Replace your word wall with this Science of Reading aligned student-friendly sound wall and facilitate your students' connection of phonemes to graphemes. This science of reading based sound wall will be the most beneficial tool for your students during phonics instruction and to guide them while reading and spelling!
This resource comes in 3 versions so you could choose the sound wall which works best for your class.
All the 44 phonemes are included. I have also added 'qu' and 'x' as extras.
- cards with mouth articulation pictures (2 versions: clipart and real kids' mouth / lip photos), picture cue, etc... (3 versions for each one)
- word and picture cards for each grapheme (spelling pattern)
- example of setups
- locks to 'lock' unfamiliar sounds on the wall
- All on 1-page printable version (includes mouth picture, picture cue, small phoneme for teacher's reference, and relevant graphemes (spelling patterns) associated with the sound + locks to cover graphemes not taught yet
- Same as above but without picture cue (you can stick your own after printing so that it aligns perfectly with your curriculum)
- Half-page printable (includes mouth picture, picture cue, and small phoneme for teacher's reference) Relevant graphemes are on a separate page accompanied by small pictures and word cards. These are meant to be added to the sound wall below the mouth picture cards as each grapheme is introduced. Locks are not needed for this version and that is why they were not included.
⭐ Please note that the grapheme cards with words and pictures could also be added to Versions 1 or 2 if you have extra space in your classroom. ⭐
All the above versions include a visual picture for all voiced consonants. Vowels are all voiced and a label is provided for the vowel valley to remind students. 'Voiced' means that the voice box is on (you could feel the vibrations if you put your hand on your throat).
To prepare, print on cardstock paper, and laminate for durability. Cut apart necessary items and assemble as instructed.
⭐UPDATED IN AUGUST TO INCLUDE BONUS VERSIONS WITH REAL MOUTH PICTURES!
>>>>>⭐CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY COMPREHENSIVE BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE OF PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS ACTIVITIES!⭐<<<<<<
Be the first to know about my GREAT DISCOUNTS, freebies and product launches by clicking HERE!
⭐⭐⭐Join my private Facebook Group to unite with other Kindergarten and First Grade teachers to get support on my resources, collaborate and share ideas! Join by clicking HERE! ⭐⭐⭐