Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
9.23 MB | 67 pages
Science Skills, 67 slide PowerPoint and Activity Packet, Science skills for Scientific investigation and experimentation. scientific method, science experiments, science observation, data collection, collecting data, graphs, science graphs, writing a paper
Thank you for purchasing this resource “Science Skills for Scientific Investigation and Experimentation”. This is a PowerPoint presentation which helps students develop the required skills for completing their own scientific investigation. This resource includes the following:
1. Lesson 1: What tools are used in science?
2. Activity: Selecting Appropriate tools for science
3. What are The International System of Units?
4. Activity: Collecting data using the IS Units.
5. How can you present data?
6. Activity: creating a bar graph to display results
7. Lesson 2: Collecting Data
8. Activity: Students collect data on real objects using scientific
observations. And create a scale model.
9. How can we calculate Volume and Density?
10. Activity: calculating volume and density.
11. What are scale models? Mini lesson
12. Lesson 3: What are microscopes and how do we use them in science?
13. Activity: labeling and using a microscope
14. Lesson 4: What are scientific investigations?
15. What is the scientific method?
16. Activity: using the scientific method and electronic resources to research and investigate scientific questions.
There are printable worksheets for each lesson. This unit is designed to be taught over 3- 4 days, leaving students time to complete their research project, where they will use the scientific method and skill that they have learned to answer the question to a scientific problem or question.