Have your students apply their understanding of SCIENTIFIC NOTATION with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
__ Writing Numbers in Scientific Notation MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in writing numbers in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
__ Operations with Scientific Notation COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to add, subtract multiply and divide expressions in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION . Students use their solutions to color the picture.
__ Operations with Scientific Notation RIDDLE
Students simplify addition, subtraction multiplication and division expressions written in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION. They must then use their solutions to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice writing and simplifying expressions with SCIENTIFIC NOTATION while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Writing Numbers in Scientific Notation
✔ Multiplication & Division with Scientific Notation
✔ Addition & Subtractions with Scientific Notation
Common Core Aligned:
* 8.EE.3 - Use numbers expressed in the form of a single digit times an integer power of 10 to estimate very large or very small quantities, and to express how many times as much one is than the other.
* 8.EE.4 - Perform operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation, including problems where both decimal and scientific notation are used. Use scientific notation and choose units of appropriate size for measurements of very large or very small quantities...
This resource is included in my Scientific Notation UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE!
More SCIENTIFIC NOTATION Resources:
* Scientific Notation PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* Scientific Notation ERROR ANALYSIS
* Scientific Notation TASK CARDS
* Scientific Notation MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
Get it all in my 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE!
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.