Students learn a lot about 17th C. Korean Traditional Culture as they read SeeSaw Girl, by Linda Sue Park. This novel has an interest and topic content higher than its lexile and makes a very good read for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Included in the unit are:
- Reading comprehension and focus questions for each chapter - two chapters per page including direct questioning, cause/effect, validating true/false, sequence,
- Word Study pages - one page for Ch. 1 to 9; one page for Ch. 10 to 17,
- Graphic style historical log page and illustration page to support it,
- Cover page for basic information such as author's name, pub. date, etc.
- Word Search,
- Essential Question, on special stationery,
- Teacher Suggestions, including directions for having students summarizing a chapter,
- ANSWERS INCLUDED
See Preview for some sample pages, please.