SEI Vocabulary Chart - Guided Template
Includes: Template with Guidance
A one-stop resource that I use throughout a lesson or unit for:
* ELL glossary for exams and summative projects
* Card Sort: Word - Picture - Definition/Sentence multimodal practice
* Differentiated Vocabulary Priority and Fluency Groups
* Reference to boost Vocabulary Access throughout entire lesson / unit
* Unit-specific Glossary for independent study
* Gallery Walk
* Scavenger Hunt
* Student Experts - teach your peers
* Summarize / Paraphrase Definitions in your own words
* Sentence and Paragraph Completions (for fluency and cloze)
* Image and Icon key: Reference for pictures and icons used in all unit presentations, gallery walks, matching exercises, assessments, and Word Wall (see my other products for more multiformat use!)
"Why will this resource rock your world?"
This is one of my favorite inventions, and it has helped many stressed, exhausted, frustrated colleagues streamline their unit design, lesson planning, and in-class execution. I create it shortly after / while designing the objectives and flow of lesson units and modules. I use it religiously, throughout the design process, to design for universal access and focus on highest-priority learning. It's helped many English Learners, students with Language-Based Learning Disabilities, and other struggles better access their learning. I've used many versions of this resource, myself, as a teacher, co-teachers, and mentor / para / observer. Enjoy!
I'll post a few of my favorite charts (minus the pictures I found online), soon.
I hope to share my best resources in this "Just Add Pictures" format, to help teachers provide more equitable access to students' education. <3
Please inform me of any mistakes, improvements, or modifications!