Also included in
- Four PRO TIPS to help students ASK BETTER QUESTIONS. Use the slideshow lesson and the NO PREP video to explain the reading strategy. The generic ASKING QUESTIONS handouts work with ANY TEXT.This bundle also includes 5 articles for students to practice the reading comprehension strategy. Each articlPrice $9.95Original Price $19.00Save $9.05
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ 27 people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far!!When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! As I add more resources, the price ofPrice $144.75Original Price $289.50Save $144.75
High-interest reading article about CITIZENSHIP.
A local business owner who once had his heating cut off because he struggled to pay the bills gives back to the community by paying the utility bill for 36 families in need.
The citizenship mini-lesson and discussion questions focus on the difference between being a citizen and being an ideal (active) citizen.
This article goes well with the ASKING QUESTIONS reading strategy.
Want to see exactly what you get before you buy this product?
- Watch the PREVIEW VIDEO
- Look at the PREVIEW PDF.
(It is a watermarked version of the entire PDF resource.)
This article comes in 3 differentiated reading levels:
- Handout A Grade 4
- Handout B Grade 7
- Handout C Grade 11
- Reading grade levels are approximate.
- I used Hemingway Editor to re-write each paragraph for the different grade levels. Hemingway determines the “grade level” of your text using the Automated Readability Index.
- Although there are many different readability formulas that calculate different grades, the bottom line is there are different versions of the article.
- EACH BODY PARAGRAPH is numbered. All differentiated versions of the articles contain the same paragraph structure. (So paragraph 1 has the same facts in all three reading levels.)
This digital download product contains all of the files + a new EASEL by TpT digital learning version.
- The older Google Drive™ resource does not have EASEL.
- I've also included all of the PDF, Word/Google Docs, PowerPoint/Google Slides files from the original resource in this one as well.
This new version is on SALE for a limited time (as I convert my resources to this digital download format.)
- What's new and improved? This product includes a digital learning version - Easel by TpT. (It's also more straightforward to use.)
- If you purchased the older Google Drive version of this resource, please email Mike@educircles.org
This product includes:
- PDF handouts.
- Google Docs™ / Microsoft Word™ versions of the handouts to edit.
- Google Slides™ / Microsoft Powerpoint™ versions of the slideshow lesson.
- Easel by TpT™ digital version.
(You can learn more about the FREE Easel by TpT platform by clicking here.)
This product is SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD to use!
- Look at the preview PDF to see exactly what you get.
What do I do after I purchase this product?
Before you buy this product, there is a green button on the right side that says "ADD ONE TO CART"
After you buy this product, the green button will say "VIEW 2 FILES"
Click the "VIEW 2 FILES" button and a new window will pop up.
- Click the "Download the PDF" button.
- (optional) Click the "Preview and Assign" to customize the Easel by TpT™ digital version and assign it to your students using Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, or any other LMS.
What do I do after I download the PDF?
- Open the PDF. (It will look exactly like this PREVIEW PDF.)
- STEP 1: Print the PDF. (It has all of the handouts and the lesson plan.)
- STEP 2: Click the link to the slideshow lesson (top of page 2.)
- STEP 3: Teach.
This product is ready for DIGITAL LEARNING (Easel by TpT.)
- If you're new to the FREE Easel by TpT platform, read this.
- The link to the Easel by TpT version will appear on the right side of the page once you buy this product. Click on "VIEW 2 FILES" and then click "PREVIEW AND ASSIGN"
(The link is also available in the downloaded PDF on page 2)
- Delete the pages you don't need.
- Assign the Easel by TpT resource to your students.
- Students can use any device to type answers on the handout.
(The text boxes automagically expand if you need more room. But, they also hide long answers so the page formatting does not get messed up!)
This package includes:
- Informational Text article at 3 different reading levels
- Mini-lesson on CITIZENSHIP
- 4 discussion questions
- Paragraph response package for brainstorming
- Reading response rubric
- NOTE: Answer key not provided
If you have any questions, please email Mike@educircles.org or ask in the TpT Question section!