Looking for some quick, easy, and fun ways to add some mindfulness and brain breaks to your classroom? Look no further. This pack of resources will help bring calm, peace, and focus to your classroom. Research shows that these types of activities can help for both social/emotional and academic learning. Plus, they are a lot of fun to use!
- Printable daily feelings check-in
- 8 mini mindfulness cards
- 50 self-affirmation strips
- Blank strips for you to add your own affirmations
- 6 printable mandalas to color
- 22 Brain break slides
- 4 editable blank brain break slides
- 1 SEL fortune teller
- 1 Blank fortune teller
- Resource links (including the Google Slides version, a YouTube to help folding the fortune teller, the blank fortune teller in Google Drawing, and a link to a great website I love to use for self awareness of voice volume during work time)
Ideas for using in your classroom:
- Morning meeting: Any of the resources can be incorporated into morning meeting activities.
- Place affirmation strips into a jar or bucket to pull out at a scheduled time or just as needed.
- Mindfulness cards can be used after lunch as a whole class, or clear taped to create a "Take a Break" table and students can choose which activity is right for them. You can also put them on craft sticks to use at any time throughout the day.
- Mandalas can be stored with coloring tools at a quiet corner table where students can relax and refocus.
- Brain break Slides are great for when students have been sitting for a long time, after testing, at the end of the day, or whenever some moving and shaking is needed!
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com. I am happy to help!