Also included in
- The Social Emotional Learning Card Game Bundle, now in both printable AND digital formats, consists of 10 different SEL games. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building.Topics Include:* Growth Mindset* Self-Esteem* Coping Tools* F$25.00$50.00Save $25.00
- This School Counseling Therapeutic Interventions Bundle is a collection of resources designed to promote student growth, agency and success. Composed of many WholeHearted School Counseling's best sellers, many which are digital and can work for distance learning, it is the perfect toolkit for your$37.75$54.75Save $17.00
- This Ultimate Social Emotional Learning Game Bundle, now in both printable AND digital formats, consists of 20 different SEL games. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building.Topics Include:* Growth Mindset* Self-Esteem* Coping Tool$50.00$100.00Save $50.00
- This social emotional learning mega bundle contains many of WholeHearted School Counseling's SEL games and activities to help children learn, practice, and develop coping skills, self-regulation, social skills, and self-esteem. This SEL Bundle contains some of WholeHearted's top selling resources.$185.00$309.50Save $124.50
- This growing bundle includes all of WholeHearted Resources at a 50% discount....until 150 paid products have been added in total. As a growing bundle, it means that the price will increase each time that I add a new product, until I reach the cap at 150 paid products. Once the maximum of 150 produ$261.63$523.25Save $261.62
The Self-Esteem Game, now in both digital and printable formats, was designed as a Solution Focused Counseling intervention tool. Players are invited to reflect on their already-existing strengths and hopes, reinforcing a positive self-concept, sense of self-efficacy, and best possible future self.
Now Available in Google Slides™ Digital Format for Distance Learning!
This Self-Esteem game is now offered in Google Slides™! You can use this interactive game during teletherapy and virtual small groups.
For a Free "Sample Example" of how the digital game works, please download my Conversation Starter Connect Game!
Ways to Use The Self-Esteem Card and Connect Game:
✏️In Individual + Small Groups for Social Emotional Learning Support and Skills Practice
️✏️In Individual Counseling Sessions as an Assessment Tool. Plus, the actual act of playing the game provides insight into children's social skills, decision-making process, frustration tolerance, level of respect for rules & boundaries, and problem-solving abilities.
️✏️Fun for Family Game Night!
️✏️Community and relationship building classroom group activity
✔ The Self-Esteem Connect Game on Google Slides™
✔ TWO sets of The Self Esteem Card Game: in both color AND black and white! So if you don't have access to a color printer, no problem! You can download and print in black and white too! Instead of color, players match up cards with shapes!
✔ Detailed Game Directions
✔ Tips on how to use the Card Game as a Therapeutic Intervention
✔ Over 75 Questions & Prompts
✔ Action Cards
✔ Pass Tickets
How to Play The Digital Self-Esteem Connect Game
Taking turns, players/teams choose a number based on the spot they would like to place their pawn. Then answer the corresponding question/prompt. Move game pawn to cover the number just answered. Players continue to take turns answering questions/prompts and moving their pawn pieces until the first player/team has completed a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line of either 4 or 5 in a row.
How to Play The Printable Self-Esteem Card Game
In the spirit of other popular shedding-type card games, the player to get rid of all their cards first by wins. Players try to "match" the top card in the discard pile, by either laying down the same number, color (or shape, if using the black & white set), or type of action card. If the card contains a question or prompt, that player shares their response. The player may choose to decline responding by using 1 of their 2 Pass Tickets. Actions cards add fun twists and turns to the game. Actions include:
➔ TAKE 3: The next person in line must take 3 cards before taking their turn.
➔ ROTATE RIGHT / ROTATE LEFT: All players pass on, or "rotate," their cards to either the left or right, so that everyone exchanges hands with each other.
➔ GO AGAIN: Player gets to "go again," gaining an additional turn.
➔ FREE!: Player who discards a FREE card is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.
➔ FREE + SPY!: Player who discards a FREE+SPY card can spy on one player by peeking at their cards and then is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.
Why Is Self-Esteem Important?
Building self-esteem helps young people to cultivate a strong internal locus of control & sense of agency and lay a foundation from which to create an empowered life. The questions and prompts in the Self-Esteem Card Game encourage players to express their unique voices and perceptions, with a primary focus on strengths, social supports, coping skills and other protective factors.