Students can use the following strategies to help them while taking a Math test. These strategies can be easily remembered with the follow acrostic mnemonic for SELFIE. Here is what SELFIE stands for.
TAKE A SELFIE!
S: Show my thinking
E: Eliminate answer choices
L: Label, label, LABEL!
F: Find a reasonable solution
I: I CAN DO THIS!
E: Explain & justify my answer
I taught my students the SELFIE way in preparation for the STAAR test and it was a big hit with the kids. They love saying that we have to take "selfies" in order to do well on tests.
This download includes:
* full color individual posters for each strategy
* a teacher's guide/ explanation of each strategy
* color image with all of the strategies
* black and white image with all of the strategies
* page with small copies to cut out and give to students