This is the fourth unit in a five part series that makes up SELLING ACADEMICS – French Edition. It is a wonderful guide created by two successful language teachers with over sixty years of classroom experience between them. Classroom tested in dozens of classrooms throughout the country. It was recently revised and updated for today’s classrooms with today’s issues.
• An introduction to the very important people on campus and how to convince them to help you build a successful French Program in an American public secondary school,
• A description of the ways to win over administrators and a worksheet to help you do so,
• An in depth study of other very important people on campus and methods you may use to befriend them, so they will be eager to help your program grow,
• A worksheet to be used to provide support to other people and groups on campus, to provide publicity for the French Program and to befriend members of these groups,
• A plan to deal with the negative people who inevitably come your way and try to derail your public relations/recruitment efforts,
• A description of a successful method to “infiltrate” student council so that they will support your actions in building a vibrant, successful French Program.
Whether you are new to teaching or a veteran who wants to increase enrollment and/or refresh the French Program on your campus, you will find this guide helpful.
“Il ne faut rien laisser au hazard.” Selling Academics