This is the fifth unit in a five part series that makes up SELLING ACADEMICS – German Edition. It is a wonderful guide created by two successful language teachers with over sixty years of classroom experience between them. Classroom tested in dozens of classrooms throughout the country. It was recently revised and updated for today’s classrooms with today’s issues.
• The philosophy behind developing a strong German Club on campus to help you build a successful German Program in an American public secondary school,
• A sample German Club meeting agenda to use each time your club meets,
• A sample activity worksheet to use for each club activity throughout the school year,
• An in depth study of the club officers and the various committees you may want to create to help your club and in turn your German program grow,
• A communication check off list to be used by your club secretary to facilitate providing publicity for the German Program, on and off campus,
• Teacher rights and responsibilities and the various important laws that relate to teaching in a public school, as well as where to find pertinent information relating to your specific area.
Whether you are new to teaching or a veteran who wants to increase enrollment and/or refresh the German Program on your campus, you will find this guide helpful.
“Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.” Selling Academics