Also included in
- 90 lessons to teach SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) skills. Perfect for BACK TO SCHOOL activities: Fun, high-interest, important learning skills to kick start a year of learning! Empower students to deal with obstacles, systemic racism, global pandemics, and academic challenges! Use this LIFE LO$67.23$134.46Save $67.23
- Help students develop SELF-AWARENESS and SELF-MANAGEMENT through goal setting. Real-world Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) for Middle School and High School that isn't baby-ish.⭐ Can your students buy into my origin story? If so, they MIGHT buy into the message behind this product.Let's be honest. S$18.00$34.00Save $16.00
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ NINETEEN (19) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$137.23$274.46Save $137.23
Use the SEOT Wheel of Success to show students HOW to work SMARTER, not harder.
EASY PREP social-emotional learning lesson, handouts, and activity.
Help students develop SELF-AWARENESS and SELF-MANAGEMENT through goal setting.
What do I mean by EASY PREP?
- 1. Print handouts.
- 2. Show slideshow.
(The slideshow walks your students through the process.)
The Wheel of Success slideshow lesson takes around 210 minutes (3.5 hours)
- Brainstorming Goals (40 min) slides 1-11
- Making a SMART goal (50 min) slides 12-24
- SEOT explained (60 min) slides 25-55
- Check-in / The Wheel of Success (60 min) slides 56-100
- PRO TIP: the preview PDF file in the Goal Setting Bundle has the complete lesson plan.
- Why upgrade to the bundle?
- You get Growth Mindset Posters and handouts for videos 1 to 6.
- Check out the bundle here.
- Link to the view-only slideshow. (Complete lesson with 100 slides.)
PAID VERSION has everything in the FREE version plus...
- Edit the slideshow. (Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides)
- No-Prep, Just Print PDF handouts.
- Edit the handouts. (Microsoft Word and Google Docs)
- Online learning version of the handouts. (Easel by TpT)
⭐ JANUARY 14, 2022 update: I use a comic book font (Bangers) in this resource.
The font will work 100% of the time in Google Docs and Google Slides.
The font should work fine in the Powerpoint / Word documents but...
- One teacher let me know the font didn't work for them.
Thank you Suhail S for bringing this to my attention in the Question & Answers below! I've sent you some emails to help you troubleshoot. Please email me at Mike@educircles.org if you still need help.
- If the font looks messed up, please watch this support video:
- If you purchased this product and also had a problem with the fonts in Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Word, please email me at Mike@educircles.org
- The fonts are embedded in the Powerpoint / Word files. They worked for me when I tested it on a computer without the font, but if they're not loading for one teacher, there's clearly a problem that I need to look into for everyone!
- Thanks for your patience!
Show students HOW to improve in your class and achieve their goals.
SEOT helps people take advantage of opportunities and overcome obstacles by focusing on four elements of success:
- Using strategies,
- putting in the effort,
- optimizing what we do, and
The wheel of success is a metaphor to show students how working harder may not always help us achieve our goals.
- Sometimes, we need to try new things.
- Not everything works for everyone, all of the time.
The File Table of Contents PDF (in the ZIP file) contains the links you need!
- Print the NO PREP handout (PDF) and use the link to view the slideshow.
- Edit the Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Google Slides, Microsoft Powerpoint files.
- The online version (Easel by TpT) allows students to draw on the digital handout and type in text boxes without changing the layout of the page.
Build a GROWTH MINDSET in your students by providing a process to work SMARTER (and not harder).
You can use this slideshow lesson at key times throughout the school year:
- January 2022 is a great time to reboot our classrooms!
- At the beginning of the school year, semester, or term
- After students get back a test or assignment
- Before an exam or project
- Before student-led conferences or parent / teacher conferences
- After report cards
NOTE: This lesson is generic and can be used at ANY time!
- SAVE HOURS OF PREP WORK. The paid version includes the handouts and you can edit the slideshow.
- SAVE MONEY! Get the GOAL SETTING BUNDLE!
- Here are 20 BONUS Goal Setting videos that go well with this resource.
There's more to SMART goal setting than simply saying Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, Time-bound goals. That's just the beginning of the goal-setting PROCESS.
If students use Strategies, apply Effort, Optimize results, and Tinker with new ideas, they will have a better chance of achieving their academic and life goals.
SMART Goal Setting Lesson: Teach HOW to achieve goals (GROWTH MINDSET)
Why do we need to teach our students and children goal setting?
- Because life doesn’t always go our way.
- Because nothing worth having comes easy.
- Because at some point in life, we’re going to trip and fall. We need to learn how to pick ourselves back up.
- Because if we keep on doing everything for our students and children to protect them from the world… how will they learn to navigate these struggles for themselves?
TRY. FAIL. LEARN. REPEAT.
WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER.
What does that even mean? It means that sometimes, effort alone doesn't cut it.
HOW TO WORK SMARTER…
Imagine a fly stuck inside a house, and desperately trying to get through a closed window to freedom.
The fly can try as hard as it wants, but it just can’t break through the glass.
If only, the fly could take a step back and find the open door a few feet away.
Seems obvious, but sometimes it’s not so obvious when you’re stuck in the thick of things.
Here's what "WORKING SMARTER" really means...
1. TRY DIFFERENT STRATEGIES
- Think about how you could reach your goal,
- Figure out what the actual obstacle is,
- Try different tricks and ways,
- Figure out why these strategies might work…
2. PUT IN THE EFFORT
- Actually try…
- It’ll be hard work, but find a reason to keep going...
- Or, find a way to make the process fun…
3. OPTIMIZE WHAT YOU DO
- Keep track of how things are going,
- Focus your energies on strategies that produce results...
4. TINKER MORE
- Try little experiments that probably won't work…
- Learn from your successes and mistakes
- Play and explore with the problem…
SO WHY WOULD I WANT TO BUY THIS LESSON PACKAGE?
If you're okay with the online version of the slideshow (as is), then...
- Save your money. You already have to spend too much on your classroom program.
- (If you still feel strongly about spending money, but you're okay with the free online version of the slideshow, you should check out the 21st CENTURY SKILLS SEL mega bundle to help you achieve work-life balance zen by helping you to save time and money.)
If you don't have time to make your own versions of the handouts or if you want to be able to edit and modify the slideshow to fit your specific needs.. then buy this lesson package.
When you purchase this product, you get a pretty zipped file that includes:
A File Table of Contents PDF with one-click links to the files as you need them.
The handouts used in the Goal Setting slideshow
- PDF file for easy printing.
- Microsoft Word (DOCX) file and Google Docs versions so you can edit the handouts.
Your own copy of the Goal Setting for Students Slideshow that you can modify and customize for your own classroom needs.
- Microsoft Powerpoint (PPTX) file and Google Slides versions so you can modify the lesson for your classroom needs.
Dec 28, 2021 UPDATE:
- Now includes an online learning version of the handout (Easel by TpT)
- The File Table of Contents has one-click copy links to all of the files.
- This "Keep It Simple, Silly" version is much easier to use.
- Did you purchase this product before December 28, 2021? The first five teachers to fill out this feedback survey will earn a $10 TpT gift card.
- If you have questions or need help, please email me at Mike@educircles.org
If you have any questions, please ask in the Q&A section of this TpT product page or email me at Mike@educircles.org