PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
*ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED MATH TEKS!*
**WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.**
You asked, and we listened! Because of the success customers had with our 3rd & 4th grade STAAR WARS Task Cards, we had multiple 5th grade teachers contact us, asking us to create 5th grades sets, too. So, we’re happy to introduce the fourth set of our new STAAR WARS 5th Grade Math Task Cards!!
Continue preparing your students for the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment in the 4th 6 weeks of school with our 4th set of STAAR Wars 5th Grade Math Task Cards! This product includes 24 task cards aligned with 5th grade math TEKS and common core standards for operations & algebraic thinking / measurement & data / geometry skills and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address these skills:
• Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy of sets and subsets using graphic organizers based on their attributes and properties.
• Describe the key attributes of the coordinate plane, including perpendicular number lines (axes) where the intersection (origin) of the two lines coincides with zero on each number line and the given point (0, 0); the x-coordinate, the first number in an ordered.
• Describe the process for graphing ordered pairs of numbers in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane.
• Determine the volume of a rectangular prism with whole number side lengths in problems related to the number of layers times the number of unit cubes in the area of the base.
• Generate a numerical pattern when given a rule in the form y = ax or y = x + a and graph.
• Graph in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane ordered pairs of numbers arising from mathematical and real-world problems, including those generated by number patterns or found in an input-output table.
• Recognize a cube with side length of 1 unit as a unit cube having 1 cubic unit of volume and the volume of a 3-dimensional figure as the number of unit cubes (n cubic units) needed to fill it with no gaps or overlaps if possible.
• Recognize the difference between additive and multiplicative numerical patterns given in a table or graph.
• Represent and solve problems related to perimeter and/or area and related to volume.
• Solve problems by calculating conversions within a measurement system, customary or metric.
• Use concrete objects and pictorial models to develop the formulas for the volume of a rectangular prism, including the special form for a cube (V=l x w x h, V= s x s x s, and V=Bh).
•TEKS - 5.4C, 5.4D, 5.4G, 5.4H, 5.5A, 5.6A, 5.6B, 5.7A, 5.8A, 5.8B, 5.8C
•CCSS - 4.MD.A.3, 5.G.A.1, 5.G.A.2, 5.G.B.3, 5.MD.A.1, 5.MD.C.3.B, 5.MD.C.4, 5.MD.C.5.A, 5.MD.C.5.B, 5.MD.C.5.C, 5.OA.B.3
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game, but these cards can be used in a variety of other ways to meet your needs.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the next 6 weeks’ cards are added.
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
**You may also be interested in our STAAR Wars 5th Grade Math GROWING BUNDLE that includes these task cards, plus 5 more sets that will be available in the future at a special discounted rate!
© 2016 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.