The Secret to Success
The S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting Strategy
A recent study from Harvard revealed that people that have goals are ten times more successful than people without goals. There is a clear link between properly setting goals and success. Yet, many students don´t recognize the link nor do they know how to effectively set goals. This lesson is designed teach students both, by providing real-life examples and by exposing them to the SMART goal setting strategy, which is simplified to increase comprehension.
Objectives: Students will be able to
• Explain why setting goals are important and how they are linked to success.
• Identify the S.M.A.R.T. goal setting strategy.
• Describe how to implement each step of the SMART goal strategy.
• Effectively set their own goals.
Included in this learning package:
1. Two detailed lesson Plans
2. Two Reading comprehension packets
a.The Secret to Success
b.The SMART Goal Setting Strategy
3. Two PowerPoint Presentations
4. Goal Questionnaire
5. Your SMART Goal worksheet
6. Assessment (Multiple choice, True or False, Chart)
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.