SHAKESPEARE BIRTHDAY PARTY: DECORATIONS & ACTIVITIES: Celebrate Shakespeare's birthday on April 23rd (or anytime in April!) with this ready-to-use bundle of decorations, banners, displays, activities, games, task cards, & much more! This party is sure to be one that your students will never forget!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• Detailed teacher instructions with lots of pictures!
• A funny party invitation that you can give to your students a few days before the party!
• An assignment to give students before the party where the will make Shakespeare a birthday card using Elizabethan English (suggested word bank included).
• A Shakespeare birthday bulletin display that includes a happy birthday banner, a funny Shakespeare with a birthday hat and sunglasses, and birthday quotes based on quotes from his plays
Some Quote Examples Are...
To party, or not to party, that is the question.
(a play on Hamlet's soliloquy that says "To be, or not to be, that is the question.")
O, Birthday cake! Birthday cake! Wherefore art thou so delicious?
(A play on the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet where Juliet asks "O, Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo?")
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your years!
(A play on Brutus' speech in Julius Caesar: "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.")
• A hanging banner that reads "'Tis The Bard's Birthday"
• Cupcake, muffin, or cake toppers (2 sizes) that read:
If cake be the food of love, bake on.
(A play on the quote by Orsino in Twelfth Night that says "If music be the food of love, play on.")
• Drink labels that read:
A drink! A drink! My kingdom for a drink!
(A play on Richard III who says, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!")
• Shakespeare Quote Discussion Task Cards: Students read quotes from Shakespeare and discuss with a partner based on prompts.
• Forge Shakespeare's Signature: Students try to imitate Shakespeare's signature. Everything is included for a bulletin display of your students' forgeries
• Pin The Hat On The Bard: Blindfold students and have them compete to see who can get The Bard's birthday hat closest to his head.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
SHAKESPEARE INTRODUCTORY RESOURCE BUNDLE
HAMLET - Complete Unit Plan
ROMEO AND JULIET - Complete Unit Plan
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!