This resource covers the integral, surface and deep features of Shakespearean Sonnets. It contains full-on activities and assessments to cover the skills of literacy in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. It includes everything you need to get going with teaching sonnets in your classroom.
Teachers can use this to enhance the language skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to analyze the Shakespearean sonnets and interpret looking for an overall meaning.
• Define a sonnet and understand its structure.
• Identify the vocabulary and figurative language used in sonnets.
• Discover ideas and themes in the sonnets.
• Explore characteristics of the sonnet form.
• Analyze the text line by line and interpret looking for an overall meaning.
This Resource Includes:
* Lesson Plan
* Graphic Design - Sonnets
* Sonnet Description
* Assessment Rubrics
* Worksheets with Answers (4 Exercises)
* Word Bank (4)