Feel as lucky as a four leaf clover ware the perfect way to introduce all things spring to little learners! Our printable SHAMROCKS Fine Motor Busy Bins
for spring and St. Patricks Day are for your favorite preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten kiddos.
The SHAMROCKS Fine Motor Busy Bins include 12 printable activities that offer fine motor practice for little hands.
Fine motor practice is needed to be ready to cut with scissors, hold pencils the correct way, buttoning jackets, opening lunch boxes, and tying shoes!
Each busy bin includes a direction and supplies page, and a label for your bin. They are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The shamrocks fine motor busy bins for St. Patrick's Day are the 12th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. The bundle is the way to go!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or colorful buckets). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Yep, the idea is genius!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
SHAMROCKS FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
St. Patrick's Day Alphabet Mats
- Use play dough to form uppercase and lowercase letters on themed alphabet mats.
Gold Coin Counting Cards
- Add the correct amount of pretend gold coins or pom poms to the pot of gold counting each one as it is set down.
Find the Pot of Gold
- Follow the trail from the gold coin to the pot of gold with pony beads. Pattern the beads for added math practice.
- Build the shape on the shamrock with play dough. Trace the dotted shapes with dry erase marker for shape formation practice.
Lucky Play Dough Pictures
- Roll play dough out and use the play dough mats to create simple St. Patrick's Day pictures.
Gold Coin Counting Clip Cards
- Count the gold coins in each pot of gold to practice beginning addition skills using counting skills. Clip the clothespin on the correct number.
Shamrock Find It & Mark It
- Identify the letter in the shamrock. Find all of the other matching letters on and cover each one with a shamrock mini eraser.
Gold Coin Counting Chains
- Link the correct number of gold coins to each pot of gold using plastic chain links or pipe cleaners.
Pre-writing Tracing Cards
- Use dry erase markers to trace the St. Patrick's Day themed pictures and picture words.
Leprechaun 10 Frames
- Add pom poms with kid-friendly squeezers to the 10 frame. Use dry erase marker to trace the numbers and the number word on each card too.
Shamrock Color Puzzles
- Match the shamrock colors to put the puzzles together correctly.
Gold Coin Mazes
- Help the gold coin find its way to the pot of gold using a dry erase marker to figure out the mazes.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
Pretend gold coins (or yellow pom poms)
Beads or buttons
Dry erase markers
Shamrock mini erasers
Plastic chain links or pipe cleaners
Dry erase markers
Pom poms - specifically red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, teal
Our SHAMROCKS Fine Motor Busy Bins are the perfect partner to the Shamrocks Literacy & Math Centers