Also included in
- Integrate math and art to reinforce concepts in a new way! Using these Crafty Math First Grade Math Crafts is a way to practice and solidify core math concepts in a fun and engaging way! These fun art projects provide you with a unique way to reinforce kindergarten or first grade math concepts.The f$27.00$33.75Save $6.75
SHAPE CITY 2D Shape Build and Count or ARRAYS
A craft to reinforce the concept of 2D shapes OR creating and describing ARRAYS as an bridge to multiplication skills.
Integrate math and art to reinforce concepts in a new way!
Practice and solidify core math concepts in a fun and engaging way with this adorable math craft! My students LOVE learning math through art, and my classroom is always bright and colorful as we display our results.
- This simple project integrates math and art together to create a city scape picture made of buildings with rows of windows and other features. There are templates for students to color and glue, or you can copy the shape templates onto colored paper for students to cut out and assemble their buildings and windows.
- All the templates are included, so all you have to do is print them out for each student.
- Each city will be unique! Once complete, students use a recording strip to count the number of each shape they used. If you are working on arrays, there is a separate recording strip for recording how many rows of windows in each building.
- The coloring, cutting, gluing and problem solving makes it a perfect hands-on activity.
- This math craft makes an adorable classroom or hallway display!
- An extra color version is included to laminate and use in a math center. Students choose the shapes to build their city, then use dry erase markers to count their shapes or arrays.
**NOTE - This craft is part of a larger bundle: Math Crafts Bundle 2
You can see everything included in the bundle by clicking HERE.
The price is always reduced when you choose the bundle.
Here’s a list of the math crafts included in Crafty Math Bundle 2:
1 ADDITION and SUBTRACTION Whimsical Flowers - (48 pages)
2 MAKE 10 - Whimsical Birds With Make 10 Feathers - (18 pages)
3 NUMBER ORDER: Birds In A Tree - (33 pages)
4 DOUBLES - Make a Doubles Pictures Poster and Mini-book - (25 pages)
5 2D SHAPES or ARRAYS - Shape City Art Project - (13 pages)
6 MATH EQUATION - Silly Spiders with Equation Legs - (18 pages)
7 ODD or EVEN - One Odd Otter Craft - (13 pages)
8 100 CHART ADD and SUBTRACT - Whimsical Animals Add Subtract 10 and 1 - (36 pages)
9 ADDITION - Hairy Math - (12 pages)
(235 pages total)
Here’s a list of the math crafts included in Crafty Math Bundle 1:
You can see the preview by clicking the green button near the top of this page. Please look at the preview to see the details before purchasing to ensure these are right for your class.
These are Power Point files (and PDF files for journal pages). Please ensure you have the correct program to open and use them - these usually come pre-installed with your computer, so you can search in your Apps file for it if you're not sure. If you have any trouble with downloading or printing, please read the help on this page: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help
If you still need troubleshooting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the TPT tech team will be happy to help you.
Larger bundles may be collected in a ZIP file. You can read more about this type of file by clicking HERE.
Would you like to see a huge list of similar resources all on one page?
Click your choice below:
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly at email@example.com
You can see ALL clip art and early literacy sets organized in one place by clicking Whimsy Workshop Teaching -- simply choose a tab at the top of the page to explore!
Don't miss out on free and discounted clip art by keeping in touch!
Whimsy Workshop Teaching
This download allows for single classroom use only. If you know of other teachers who wish to have their own copy, you can click on extended licenses during the checkout process (at reduced prices), or email the product link to colleagues so they can purchase their own legal copy and receive any updates in the future. Thank you for respecting my TOU and hard work.
Original Resources and Illustrations ©S.Westby - Whimsy Workshop Teaching.com