Also included in
- This bundle of 7 lesson plans explores Canadian Indigenous themes using reading workshop and writing workshop.Lesson Overview:Dancer by Vickie Sears (short story) - Activities used: story reading, characterization mini-lesson, writer's craft discussion, character analysis activity (printable include$9.99$13.93Save $3.94
This engaging and detailed lesson plan for the short story "Shinny Game Melted the Ice" by Richard Wagamese uses reading workshop and writing workshop to explore the effects of the Sixties Scoop from the perspective of Canadian Indigenous peoples.
- Student Choice Reading Time
- Book Talk Option
- Video: "Separating Children from Parents: The Sixties Scoop in Canada" (link included)
- Large Group Discussion
- Story Reading (link to story included)
- Writer's Craft Small Group Analysis activity (printable included)
- Large Group Share - Anchor Chart
- Quick Write (printable included)
- Poetry Reading: "Marlene’s Story" by Marlene Orgeron (link to poem included)
Lesson is adaptable for grades 7 to 12.