- Save 30% on this bundle!Looking for an interactive phonics lesson? Need a quick, no-prep activity that is student friendly? This Interactive PowerPoint phonics lesson is a great way to introduce and practice words with the SHORT A sounds. It can be used as a whole class lesson, small group activity,$6.00$3.36Save $2.64
- Product Description
Looking for an interactive phonics lesson? Need a quick, no-prep activity that is student friendly? This Interactive PowerPoint phonics lesson is a great way to introduce and practice words with the AM and AT sounds. It can be used as a whole class lesson, small group activity, and individual practice on your interactive whiteboard or personal computer. PowerPoint is required.
This Interactive PowerPoint Lesson features:
- Differentiates am and at sounds
- Ice cream scoops move onto the correct word family "cone" when clicked
- High Engagement
- Immediate student feedback
- PDF Word Sort to print and use
- Learning Target/ "I Can" Statement
- Teacher Tips for more ideas
- Words Their Way foundation
- Common Core Standards
- “No-prep” which makes it a PERFECT lesson for a substitute!
This is a complete lesson that I use in my classroom the first day that I introduce a phonics skill or a quick review. Students practice important phonemic awareness and phonics skills by matching the word to the correct word family. PDF copies of the word sort are included in the ZIP file for download and use.
Words used in this lesson:
am: bam, ham, jam, Pam, Sam, scram, yam
at: fat, hat, pat, rat, sat, splat, vat
I know you are busy, so I hope this makes your teaching life a bit easier!
Created using Microsoft PowerPoint
Run as a slide show in PowerPoint for the interactive features to work
What teachers have said about my Interactive PowerPoint phonics lessons:
- Excellent resource for my English language learners.
- Love this! It's comprehensive and organized. It's also appropriate for telepractice.
- Great resource! The interactive PowerPoint is super rad!
- The kids are going to love the pictures and be engaged with this.
Need more phonics? Click on these products!
Click to follow Lessons in a Snap:
Get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button. You will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Each time you give feedback, you receive credits that you can use towards future purchases.
I greatly value your feedback as it helps me improve my products for your students!
Be the first to know about my sales, freebies, and new products:
Click on the star ★ next to my store logo and become a follower! You will be the first to receive notifications.