Theme, story structure, vocabulary, characterization, text evidence, and symbolism are all demonstrated by students in this FUN and EDITABLE short story poster project - fun for students and easy to grade with rubric included. Students get creative and demonstrate their knowledge of ANY short story.
Students show comprehension, story structure knowledge, cite quote evidence, show vocabulary understanding, and more.
Great for the end of a short story unit; for a rainy day project; or to practice presentation skills. You could use this for one short story or have students chose from multiple stories. You could have students create their own or work independently.
Depending on your class this project could take 1 - 3 class periods. It could also be extended by having students present their projects to the class. Works for individual or group projects.
A grading rubric is included and can be printed on the back of the handout. Students can't complain about their grade when the grading rubric is right there on the handout.
This handout is fully EDITABLE as are most of Teacher's Best products.
We know how important it is to have some ready made printables AND the ability to edit materials as needed.
Other Teacher's Best products that we are proud of -
• Data Sheets:
- EASY GRAPH DATA SHEET
- QUIZ TRACKER
- TIME DATA SHEET
- SIGHT WORDS & Tracking Sheet
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 11-12 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- RHETORICAL APPEALS WRITING ASSIGNMENT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
- Peer Editing Sheet
- Rhetoric, Persuasion Terms Mini-Research
- Mythology Poster Project
- To Kill A Mockingbird Movie Permission Slip
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting feedback as it helps me improve on my past and future products. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. About once a month I like to email my followers about a paid product that will be free for a weekend. Follow and get the heads up!