Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- This digital and print short story unit is perfect for any late middle or high school English classroom. The stories have been used in my class with great success, and the students especially love the surprising endings in each story! These digital and print products include eye-catching Google Slid$29.99$48.93Save $18.94
SHORT STORY UNIT: This short story unit is perfect for any late middle or high school English classroom. The stories have been used in my class with great success, and the students especially love the surprising endings in each story! The product includes eye-catching presentations, discussions, videos, and creative assessments.
All presentation files are in Powerpoint format. Links require the use of youtube.com.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS UNIT
♥ By far one of my best TPT purchases. Use again every year and always look forward to seeing students reactions to the stories! Especially when they write their own creepy short stories!
♥ Great Plans!! I love how comprehensive the entire unit is!
♥ AMAZING! Needed something on a time-crunch, and this is perfect! Thank you!
♥ Amazing Unit!! Contains all the power points, comprehension questions and engaging activities! The stories are so intriguing as well!
♥ My only regret is not finding this sooner. Awesome resource. Thank you!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE(Click Titles For More Information):
• A Powerpoint presentation which reviews all of the literary devices (also includes some review questions for formative assessment).
The presentation covers the following terms:
→ Plot Diagram (all elements covered)
→ Conflict (4 types)
→ Point of View (First, Third & Omniscient)
→ Irony (3 types)
• A fill in the blank sheet that the students can use to take notes from the presentation
• An interactive review game called "Who Wants To Be A Literary Terms Expert"
• Answer sheets for the game so all students can participate
• Humorous Certificates for students who win the game!
• A quiz based off the notes given in class (key included)
• A detailed lesson plan for how to implement the resources
• A detailed lesson plan explaining lesson procedure
• Prediction cards
• A PowerPoint presentation that guides the lesson with discussion points and question/assignment prompts
• Show What You Know assignment that includes 4 post reading questions (answers are provided in the presentation to go over with students)
• Abby and Andrew's Advice Column Assignment which allows the student to give advice to the main character from a male and female perspective
***Please note that the full text of the short story is not included for copyright reasons, but can easily be found by searching the title and author in an internet search engine***
• A 24 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
→ An overview of North American traditions that are blindly followed
→ Discussion Questions for pre-reading
→ Biographical information about Shirley Jackson
→ Post reading discussion points
→ 5 Questions for students to answer (question sheet and answers provided)
→ Notes on themes and symbolism in the short story
→ A 20 minute video of The Lottery (link provided)
• A creative project with handouts and graphic organizers for students to complete
• Templates students can use to complete the assignment
• A rubric for marking the project.
• Presentation which easily guides you through the lesson (notes, questions, discussion etc).
• Assignments included in the presentation
• Video of a cinematic interpretation of the story
***Please note a full copy of the text is not included for copyright reasons. You can find the text by searching "Lamb To The Slaughter Full Text" using an internet search engine.
• A 23 slide PowerPoint presentation that will guide you through the entire lesson!
• Links to two videos which relate to the story
• The full text of the story with space made on the side for note-taking and predictions
• Teacher instructions for how to implement the lesson.
• Various worksheets and activities including:
→ Tell Tale Heart Literary Terms Worksheet
→ Tell Tale Heart Vocabulary
→ Tell Tale Heart Comprehension Questions
→ Prequel Or Sequel Writing Exercise
→ The Tell Tale Police Report
• Essay topics that give students some flexibility in choosing a thesis statement
• Graphic organizers and checklists for pre and post writing
• MLA Style Guide Reference Booklet
© Presto Plans
★CLICKHERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!★