Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.59 MB | 84 pages
SIGHT WORD BINGO Sets 6 - 10
SIGHT WORD BINGO provides an effective and enjoyable way to help students recognize the most frequently encountered words in the early stages of reading. It is also suitable for reading intervention groups.
SIGHT WORD BINGO is a game for up to six players*, following similar rules to the standard game of Bingo but using words instead of numbers.
There are 5 sets of Sight Word Bingo cards in this bundle (150 words in all). Each Set provides word recognition practice for 30 common words. Words are arranged in order of frequency of use with the most common words being in Set 1.
• Teacher’s Instructions (including a summary of words used in Sets 6 - 10)
• 6 different Bingo cards per Set
• 30 flash cards (1 flash card for each word in the Set)
OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME
This is a game of chance. The objective is for a player to be the first to cover all 10 words on their Sight Word Bingo card.
• The caller selects at random a flash card from the chosen set, holds it up for everyone to see, then reads it aloud (at least twice).
• Students cover the word with a counter if it is on their card.
• The winner is the first player to cover all the words on their card.
Both visual channels (flash cards) and auditory channels (caller reading the words) are used to optimise learning.
LENGTH OF TIME REQUIRED
Each round takes 5-10 minutes. The number of rounds played in any one session is decided by the teacher.
* Multiple copies of the Bingo cards may be used for larger numbers of players. (This will mean multiple winners.)
Basic sight vocabulary has been adapted from the high frequency word list in “Independence in Reading” by Don Holdaway; published by Ashton Scholastic, Sydney, Australia.