Provide your beginning/emergent readers and writers in kindergarten, first, or second grade with capitalization and punctuation practice, as well as lots of work with sight words. All Pre-Primer and Primer sight words are used, most three times or more. Each editing and writing practice page has two sentences with missing capitals (beginning of a sentence, proper nouns, “I”) and punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point).
You’ll be giving your boys and girls very simple sentences with no punctuation or capitals. Their job is to figure out where the sentences end, edit the sentences, and then rewrite them with correct capitalization and punctuation, as well as neat handwriting.
♥ This packet includes 60 different practice pages!
♥ Picture clues are included to assist emergent readers.
A major stumbling block for correct capitalization and punctuation is knowing where the sentences end. Young writers need lots and lots of practice with these skills. I created these editing and writing practice sheets for that purpose, and used them 2-4 times a week in my classroom throughout the school year. I was impressed with the students’ improvements as the weeks progressed!
★★★ Save $$$ with the G-R-O-W-I-N-G BUNDLE by clicking RIGHT HERE! ★★★.
( In my growing bundle, each time I add a new themed packet, the price of the bundle will increase accordingly. However, once you buy into a growing bundle, you get all the future additions for free! )
Included in this resource:
- Detailed Teacher Directions
- Editing Marks Anchor Charts
- Editing Pages containing LOTS of sight words
- Answer Keys
Great to use for:
- Literacy Centers
- Independent Work
- Part of Guided Reading
- Beginning comprehension work: Ask students to color or add to the pictures to match the text.
●●● Product page count includes 60 answer key pages.
Please check out the product preview so you can see what’s included!
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
- "My students were really struggling with where to put punctuation and remembering a capital letter at the beginning of sentences and I came across these. We have been practicing with these and they are getting better! It is also good practice for them to rewrite the sentences with the corrections. Thank you for creating such a wonderful product!"
- "I love these! I bought this because some of my firsties just can't figure it out yet: where DOES that period go? I've used a couple of pages whole group as reminders but am using them more often with small group times. Appreciate the controlled vocab so all can handle the reading and focus on the idea of the workpage."
- "I love this! We did them every single day. At a glance, I could quickly pull up the ones who struggled. By the end of they year they were on target. Thank you!"
- "This resource is very helpful to teach first graders about sentence structure. It is at their level. My students really need practice figuring out where sentences end, and with consistent practice I am sure they will be able to edit sentences on their own for correct capitalization and punctuation."
- "Great resource and practices for my kids. Since using this, I am already seeing how thoughtful my kids are about punctuation."
- "This is a great and important resource for practicing punctuation and capitalization."
- "I love this product. I extended it by having my students write another complete sentence that was related to the edited sentences. It worked great for teaching students to write complete sentences."
- "Easy to use for differentiation"
- "Such a great resource for my ELL students!"
- "These were SO necessary and SO helpful for my students! Thank you!"
- "This is such an awesome resource. I wish I had have found this earlier in the school year. This is definitely going to be one of my class staple activities. It is so helpful."
- "These are so fantastic! Perfect skill to practice with my 1st graders who are writing run on sentences like there is no tomorrow!"
- "I do these everyday for morning work! The students love the pages. They are a huge help!"
- "I love how the sentences are simple enough for the students to read! I also love how this packet only focused on punctuation and beginning with a capital letter. I work in special education and the students are really connecting to these worksheets. We do one page per day together but I will soon be having these completed independently."
You might also like my punctuation and capitalization practice packets with other themes:
Fall Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Columbus Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Halloween Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Thanksgiving Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Winter Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Hanukkah Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Christmas Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
New Years Writing, Punctuation, and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Martin Luther King Punctuation and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Valentine’s Day Writing, Punctuation and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Spring Writing, Punctuation and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
SAVE BIG AND BUY THE G-R-O-W-I-N-G BUNDLE:
MEGA GROWING BUNDLE: Punctuation and Capitalization; Where do the sentences end?
Please FOLLOW ME , and you’ll be notified when I upload new resources.
My mission is to help overwhelmed K-2 teachers regain precious time by equipping them with high quality, engaging, easy-to-use ELA and math resources.
Let me help you regain precious time!
K-2 to the Core