Also included in
- WHERE DO THE SENTENCES END BUNDLE - Are you looking for fun and engaging NO PREP activities to help your students practice reading, writing, capitalization, punctuation, and sight words all at the same time? Then this huge, differentiated growing bundle of editing worksheets and writing prompts is f$79.95$107.75Save $27.80
NEW! Digital option now available - perfect for In-Class or Remote Learning! Where do the sentences end? Are you looking for a fun and engaging NO PREP activity that provides your beginning and emergent readers and writers with capitalization and punctuation practice, as well as lots of work with Pre-Primer and Primer sight words? Then this packet of print-and-go editing worksheets is for you! You’ll have writing work at your fingertips for months to come!
◉◉ UPDATED March 2021: TpT Easel Activity (Digital Version) Now Included ◉◉
If you choose to use the digital format of this resource, you can assign the TpT digital pages to your students through a link share or Google Classroom. When students click that link, they will be taken to the Digital Activity on the TpT platform, sign in to their Google account, and then be able to complete the activity on a laptop or tablet.
( In my growing bundle, each time I add a new themed packet, the price of the bundle will increase accordingly. However, once you buy into a growing bundle, you get all the future additions for free! )
Each page has two very simple sentences with missing capitals (beginning of a sentence, proper nouns, “I”) and punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point). Your students' job is to figure out where the sentences end, edit the sentences, and then rewrite them with correct capitalization and punctuation, as well as neat handwriting.
⟿ Please make sure you check out the product preview to see everything that's included!
A major stumbling block for correct capitalization and punctuation is knowing where the sentences end. Young writers need lots and lots of practice with these skills. I created these editing and writing practice sheets for that purpose, and use them 2-4 times a week in my classroom throughout the school year. I am always impressed with the students’ improvements as the weeks progress!
◉◉ INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE ◉◉
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- TpT Easel Activity (Digital Version) and Directions on How to Access and Use
- "Editing Marks" Anchor Charts
- "How do I Know Where the Sentences End?" Anchor Charts
- 60 Editing Pages Filled with Sight Words
- Answer Keys
- Picture clues are included to assist emergent readers.
◉◉ Great to use for:
- Remote Learning
- Literacy centers
- Independent work
- Part of guided reading
- Beginning comprehension work: Ask students to color or add to the pictures to match the text.
●●● Product page count includes 60 answer key pages.
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
- "My students were really struggling with where to put punctuation and remembering a capital letter at the beginning of sentences and I came across these. We have been practicing with these and they are getting better! It is also good practice for them to rewrite the sentences with the corrections. Thank you for creating such a wonderful product!"
- "I love these! I bought this because some of my firsties just can't figure it out yet: where DOES that period go? I've used a couple of pages whole group as reminders but am using them more often with small group times. Appreciate the controlled vocab so all can handle the reading and focus on the idea of the workpage."
- "I love this! We did them every single day. At a glance, I could quickly pull up the ones who struggled. By the end of they year they were on target. Thank you!"
- "This resource is very helpful to teach first graders about sentence structure. It is at their level. My students really need practice figuring out where sentences end, and with consistent practice I am sure they will be able to edit sentences on their own for correct capitalization and punctuation."
- "Great resource and practices for my kids. Since using this, I am already seeing how thoughtful my kids are about punctuation."
- "This is a great and important resource for practicing punctuation and capitalization."
- "I love this product. I extended it by having my students write another complete sentence that was related to the edited sentences. It worked great for teaching students to write complete sentences."
- "Easy to use for differentiation"
- "Such a great resource for my ELL students!"
- "These were SO necessary and SO helpful for my students! Thank you!"
- "This is such an awesome resource. I wish I had have found this earlier in the school year. This is definitely going to be one of my class staple activities. It is so helpful."
- "These are so fantastic! Perfect skill to practice with my 1st graders who are writing run on sentences like there is no tomorrow!"
- "I do these everyday for morning work! The students love the pages. They are a huge help!"
- "I love how the sentences are simple enough for the students to read! I also love how this packet only focused on punctuation and beginning with a capital letter. I work in special education and the students are really connecting to these worksheets. We do one page per day together but I will soon be having these completed independently."
Related Resources You May Like:
- Pre-Primer Sight Words in Sentences | DIGITAL and PRINT Task Card BUNDLE
- Primer Sight Words in Sentences | DIGITAL and PRINT Task Card BUNDLE
- Fall Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice | Digital and Print
- Winter Writing, Capitalization, and Punctuation Practice
- Spring Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice
- Color by Sight Word | Pre Primer Sight Words Worksheets
Did you know that leaving feedback earns you credits toward future TpT purchases? It’s so worth it, and I love getting feedback!
Please follow me, and you’ll be notified when I upload new resources. My new resources are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted!
My mission is to help overwhelmed K-2 teachers regain precious time by equipping them with high quality, engaging, easy-to-use ELA and math resources.
Let me help you regain precious time!
K-2 to the Core