Sight Word Weekly SmartBoard Lesson
w/ Printable Emergent Reader!
Focus Word: as
I have created a series of lessons designed to help you teach sight words through a combination of different techniques and strategies. These pre-prepped and ready-to-go SmartBoard activities will make your life easier by cutting your prep time in half! Each slide will follow you through a week’s worth of activities providing opportunities for memorization exercise, identifying words in text, and practicing sight words in context. All activities provided help make the sight word learning process fun! Your students will have opportunities to practice words through pictures, music, and interactive games. In addition, your students will be provided with multiple shared reading opportunities where they will see and read the word in context, AND, I have also provided a printable sight word emergent reader to use as a shared/guided/or independent reading activity! Simply click on the link attached to the corresponding SmartBoard slide to open up a printable PDF.
Activities provided include:
• Word introduction
• Writing practice for each word w/ writing grid
• Engaging/Interactive word recognition activities
• Clickable links to Youtube videos
• Reading strategies providing tools to help students figure out difficult text
• Shared reading activities to provide opportunities for students to read sight word in context with guidance and support
• PRINTABLE Emergent Reader (“What Color Is It?”: Level A/B) w/ corresponding SmartBoard slides
All slides are editable so you can alter anything to fit your needs. Simply unlock and ungroup pictures and words to change image or phrasing.
I hope you find this product helpful to you, as well as engaging and successful for your students. ENJOY!