This List, Flash Cards, BINGO, Tracing Cards, Sequencing Sentences, Word Searches and more, are based on Sight Words for all Grades, as they are useful nouns!
They give students a continued support and opportunity to become successful readers.
The word lists include the most common nouns encountered in children’s books.
Sight words have to be automatically identified within about 3-5 seconds, otherwise the flow, fluency and meaning of the sentence will be lost.
It is hoped that all children will fluently master all lists in the first 2-3 years of school, but having multiple levels would give you the freedom to select lists, activities, games etc as needed. These words must be seen, practised and learned.
This file contains a huge amount!
1) A Master List of the words
2) Flash Cards for every word on the list. There is a file for large flash cards, and another for smaller cards, suitable for individual child's use and for games.
3) Dotted Font Flash Cards with every word on the Level. These are printed in a dotted font, for students to trace, match with normal font etc
4) Shape Cards with shapes to match every word on the Level. Students must match the shape with the word, tall letters etc
5) Word Searches for Level
6) Bingo Cards there are 20 different cards for the Level. You can use master list as a calling tool or students can use the small flash cards to make the game an independent activity.
7) 10 Sentence Sheets using words from the Level.. Words to cut out and paste into sentences.
It doesn’t have to be boring!
*Play card games eg Snap, Fish, Concentration.
*Use the board games to practise.
*Create and read sentences with the cards.
*I found that children like to compete and know their progress, so I’ve timed them on the Master Lists. This gives a PB, for them to beat next time.
*Missing letter games.
*Stick the cards in places that your child sees every day; a classroom door, bathroom mirror, a fridge, a toybox. One father stuck them on the bedroom ceiling and it became a game to recognise a few every night.
*Please be creative and make it fun! We want to develop children who WANT to read!
I have the BINGO Game as a stand-alone product, if you only want that.
HIGH FREQUENCY SIGHT WORDS BINGO Game for Multi-Level Nouns List
I have other levels of activities in case you are interested.
SIGHT WORDS ACTIVITIES FOR PRE-PRIMER
SIGHT WORDS ACTIVITIES FOR PRIMER
HIGH FREQUENCY SIGHT WORDS GRADE 3ACTIVITIES BUNDLE