SIGHT WORDS Game - Dolch Words
COVER-ALL WORDS Partner Game
This Cover-All Sight Word Game is lots of fun for the little ones! In this word game, partners take turns rolling two dice and adding the numbers together. On his/her turn, the player will then find the word on his/her board that matches the number and read (or read and spell) the word. If the word is read (or spelled) correctly, that player will cover that word with a counting chip. The player who covers all the sight words on his/her board first is the winner!
I designed these games to give my students extra practice with the sight words taken from the Dolch Sight Word Lists.
This product contains 20 game sheets in which the children are to READ the words, and 20 game sheets in which the children are to READ AND SPELL the words. (Note: The only difference between both sets of word games is the directions.)
• Laminate the game sheets for durability and use them for reading centers or tubs.
• Print the game sheets on paper, use them in class, and send them home for extra practice.
• Instead of using counting chips, you may want to laminate them (or use plastic sheet protectors) and use dry erase markers to color in the words.
• Leave them for a substitute teacher to use in your absence.
• Use a bingo dauber or crayons to color the words instead of using counting chips.
• You may also want to ask your students to use each word in a sentence before covering/coloring the word.
So... Grab some dice and have fun!
You may also enjoy:
Sight Word PRE-PRIMER Graphing Fun! – Color, Count, Graph It
Dolch PRIMER Words Color, Count, Graph It! Literacy/Graphing Fun
Dolch Words Grade 1 – Color, Count, Graph It! – Graphing Fun!
Snowman Word Game ~ Sight Words and More
Autumn Partner Game ~ Sight Word Spin & Spot ~ Pre-Primer
Halloween Sight Word Partner Game Dolch Pre-Primer
Fall and Christmas COLOR BY WORD ~ Sight Words
Sight Words & More ~ Grade 1 Word Game
Reading Street Sight Word Game - IT'S A MATCH! - First Grade
Magnify It! ~ Use a Magnifying Glass to Find the Hidden Words
Magnify It! Set 2 ~ Use a Magnifying Glass to Find the Hidden Words
Magnify It! Set 3 – Use a Magnifying Glass to Find the Hidden Words
Thank you for looking!
Learning With A Smile
Keywords: Sight Words, Sight Word Practice, Word Games, Addition Dice Game, Grade 1, Grade 2, Kindergarten, Partner Games, Sight Word Games, High Frequency Words, High Frequency Word Games, Balanced Literacy, Spelling Homework, Morning Work, Homework, Reading Rotations, Reading Tubs, Early Finishers, Sub Tubs, Basic Operations, Adding, Reading Street Supplement, Reading Street Grade 1, Literacy Centers, Spelling Games