PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you teach about Chinese New Year in your class? Chinese people make paper cuttings of characters that are symmetrical during the Chinese New Year. Here's a super simple paper cutting craft that kids can do. The character is pronounced "chun" and it means spring. Hope you give this craft a try!
- Yellow paper (letter size)
- Red construction paper (9x9 inches)
- Crayons (optional)
1. Make copies of the attachment on yellow paper. Cut the bottom portion off, making the paper a square.
2. Fold on the dotted line. Be sure the corners are lined up.
3. Cut along the solid lines.
4. Unfold the character and glue it to red construction paper (like a rhombus) with the blank side up. Decorate if you’d like!