A Lesson Presentation that presents Teaching Resources on Skimming, Scanning, and Close Reading. This presentation presents ready to use resources that will help you to walk into the classroom with ready to teach confidence as it covers all that you need for a lesson on Reading Strategies.
This Presentation Includes:
1. Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Images in Text
2. Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
3. Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
4. Flipped Lesson Part - Video on Skimming and Scanning
5. Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 3 Questions
6. Space for Peer Teaching - Differences and Reading Strategies
7. Collaborative Group Task – Pair and Share
8. Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - 4 Exercises
9. Assessment Criteria and Rubrics to state Outcome Expectations
10. Plenary to Assesses Learning Outcomes - Beginning with D
11. Home Learning for Reinforcement - Online Passages
12. Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
Teachers can use this presentation to give a complete knowledge and understanding of Skimming, Scanning, and Close Reading to the learners, thereby helping them to enhance their reading skills.