Have your students apply their understanding of SLOPE with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
__ Slope COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to find the SLOPE using two-points and using an equation . Students use their solutions to color the picture.
__Slope Two-Point Formula MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in finding the SLOPE from two points. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
__ Slope-Intercept Form RIDDLE
Students find the SLOPE from an equation and use their solutions to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice evaluating expressions with SLOPE while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Finding the Slope using Two Points
✔ Finding the Slope using Slope Intercept Form
Common Core Aligned:
* 8.EE.6 -Derive the equation y = mx for a line through the origin and the equation y = mx + b for a line intercepting the vertical axis at b.
* 8.F.3 - Interpret the equation y = mx + b as defining a linear function, whose graph is a straight line; give examples of functions that are not linear.
* 8.F.4 - Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
* 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE
* Middle School Math MEGA BUNDLE
More SLOPE resources:
* Slope TASK CARDS
* Slope MAZE, RIDDLE, & COLORING ACTIVITY
* Slope PRACTICE WORKSHEETS
* Graphing & Writing Linear Equations PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
More 8TH GRADE MATH review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.