Use these 40 task cards with your students to help them practice solving word problems that include finding the SLOPE from a GRAPH, TABLE, ORDERED PAIRS and an EQUATION .
What is Included:
This resource includes 40 task cards, a student answer sheet, and an answer key. Your students will love working with these task cards.
How to Use:
I place one task card on each of my students desks and give them 2-3 minutes to complete the problem and record their answer on their answer sheet. Once time is up I have my students "scoot" to the next desk to solve the new problem. The students LOVE doing this activity because it gets them moving. I highly recommend printing these task cards and answer key on card stock. Laminate them if possible so that they can be used for years. These task cards are perfect for reinforcing concepts through individual student practice, pair-share, early finishers, and assessment prep.
✔ Finding Slope Given a Graph
✔ Finding Slope Given Two Ordered Pairs (Slope Formula)
✔ Finding Slope Given a Table of Values
✔ Finding Slope Given the Equation in Standard Form
Common Core Aligned :
* 8.EE.6 -Derive the equation y = mx for a line through the origin and the equation y = mx + b for a line intercepting the vertical axis at b.
* 8.F.3 - Interpret the equation y = mx + b as defining a linear function, whose graph is a straight line; give examples of functions that are not linear.
* 8.F.4 - Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
* 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE
* Middle School Math MEGA BUNDLE
More SLOPE resources:
* Slope TASK CARDS
* Slope MAZE, RIDDLE, & COLORING ACTIVITY
* Slope PRACTICE WORKSHEETS
* Graphing & Writing Linear Equations PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
More 8TH GRADE MATH review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.