This product includes 3 of my favorite Smart Board Lessons for Kinder and First Grade. There are a total of 162 fun interactive slides all together! It's perfect to help your students continue to practice and review math concepts even during the holidays.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SMART NOTEBOOK 11 SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE DOWNLOADING THIS PRODUCT.
HALLOWEEN SMART BOARD FUN MATH
This unit includes 58 Smart Board slides. Your kindergartens and first graders will have plenty of practice with counting, skip counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s. They will also practice their math fact families to 10 with the Fun Interactive Candy Corn Math Facts. This lesson also includes practice with addition word problems word and ten frames. There are 5-10 slides for each activity.
1. Counting: Students will count the correct number of candy corns or spiders by dragging them to the number line.
2. Skip Counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
3. Math Fact Fluency to Ten: Students will practice Math Fact Families up to ten by dragging the numbers from inside the candy corn on the right hand side of each slide to form the correct equations.
4. Addition Word Problems: Students will add the number of candies each child ate by looking at the pictures and adding them together.
5. Ten Frames: Students will count how many candies each trick-or-treater received for Halloween by using ten frames.
THANKSGIVING SMART BOARD COUNTING AND TALLYING
In this fun interactive lesson student will engage in a variety of counting activities. Each exercise has 5-10 different slides for practice. Students will also practice counting and tallying turkey feathers by color.
1. Counting 1-20: Students will drag the black numbers from the number line to match the white numbers that are on the turkey feathers.
2. Counting Poults: A baby turkey is called a poult. Students will help the Mother Turkey count her poults by dragging the poults to the number line.
3. Skip Counting: Trevor Turkey only counts by 2’s. Travis Turkey only counts by 5’s. Tomas Turkey only counts by 10’s. Students need to drag the correct number to the feathers on each turkey, either by 2’s, 5’s or 10’s.
4. Addition Problems to 10: Each turkey has a different sum on their chest. Students will need to drag the correct equations to the turkey’s chest. If the equation is correct it will disappear into the turkey. If the equation is incorrect, the equation will fly back out of the turkey.
5. Subtraction Problems: This exercise is basically the same as the addition problems exercise. Instead of practicing with addition problems they will practice their subtraction.
6. Practice with ten Frames: Farmer John has a turkey farm. Students will help him count how many poults were born last year. They will then write the answer in the box.
7. Greater than, less than or equal to: Students will count how many poults each mother turkey has and then drag the correct “feather sign” into the circle.
8. Turkey Tallying: Students will count and tally how many feathers there are of each color. Then, they will write the number and tally marks on the graph.
9. Reading the Tally Graph: Students will read the Turkey Tally Graphs. They will then answer questions about the graph.
CHRISTMAS COOKIES GALORE SMART BOARD MATH
It is no secret! Everyone knows that Santa loves to eat cookies! In this 56 slide Smart Board lesson students will have fun at Christmastime with math fact fluency to 10. Students will practice counting, skip counting, adding, and subtracting. There are also a variety of different word problems with cookies, too.
There are 5-10 slides for each activity. Plus, there are 2 EXTRA BONUS PAGES form my other Christmas Smart board lesson entitled “Christmas Smart board Fun Math: Kinder and First"
1. Santa’s Cookies-Math Fact Fluency to 10: Students will count all the cookies on the slide. Then, one student will drag the cookies one by one to Santa Claus. Sometimes a cookie will disappear into Santa as if he eats the cookie, but sometimes the cookie will fly back out of Santa. The student needs to continue dragging and counting the cookies which disappear into Santa until no more cookies disappear into Santa. Once again the whole class will count the cookies remaining on the slide. Students can now use individual white boards and markers or scratch paper to practice writing addition and subtraction problems within the fact family. (Directions are included with the Smart board lesson.)
2. Skip Counting by 2’s: Students Will help Santa count the cookies by 2’s. Students will drag and drop the cookies by 2’s into the cookie jar. Then, they will need to write the answer on Santa’s belt.
3. Addition and Subtraction Cookies: Santa has a large black number on his belt. Students need to drag and drop the cookies with correct equations into Santa’s belt. If they are correct the equation will disappear into Santa. If they are wrong the equation will fly back out.
4. Santa’s Stuck: Students will do the addition problems to learn how many cookies Santa ate.
5. Count and Add the Chocolate Chips: Students will count the number of chocolate chips in each cookie. Then, they will write the numbers in the equation and add them correctly.
6. Addition and Subtraction Word Problems: Mrs. Claus is baking cookies for Santa. Students will read the word problems, write the numbers in the equations and then write the correct answers to the problems.
Graphics provided by: