This interactive smartboard activity provides an introduction to subtraction through the use of virtual manipulatives. The flipper boxes used in this notebook allow students to self-correct.
1) The student will be able to name the number for a given set of objects.
2) The student will be able to match numerals with their given pictorial representations.
3) The student will be able to partition a given quantity into two parts, using fingers, counters or other objects or other objects, and identify the number of objects in each part.
5) The student will be able to look briefly at a given arrangement of 1 to 5 objects and identify the number represented without counting.
6) The student will demonstrate awareness of subtraction.
7) The student will represent the process of subtraction through role playing and the use of virtual manipulatives.