This interactive smartboard activity provides subitization practice using tenframes.The flipper boxes used in this notebook allow students to self-correct.
Objectives: Developing Number Sense
2. Subitize (recognize at a glance) and name familiar arrangements of 1 to 10 objects
- The student will be able to look briefly at a given familiar arrangement of 1 to 10 objects
or dots, and identify the number represented without counting.
- The student will be able to identify the number represented by a given dot arrangement
on a five frame.
3. Relate a numeral, 1 to 10, to its respective quantity.
- The student will be able to name the number for a given set of objects.
- The student will be able to match numerals with their given pictorial representations.