Teach informational and explanatory writing to your students with my traditional explanatory writing unit and my digital informative writing resource that works with Google Drive!
The digital SMARTePlans version includes:
- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive)
- a link to 18 slides of argument writing instruction
- assignment handout, multiple graphic organizers, outlines, peer editing and self check forms, and an interactive rubric.
The traditional explanatory writing unit includes:
There are three different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable, 26 slide PowerPoint
- A non-editable PowerPoint (for use if fonts do not transfer)
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of informational and explanatory writing. This lesson covers elements needed for an informational essay and the writing process. The PowerPoint will help guide students through the writing process as they develop their essays.
The supplementary material includes:
- A standards-based unit outline
- Multiple in-class brainstorming activities
- An informational essay assignment
- An easy-to-understand peer review worksheet
- 100 point essay rubric
- AND MORE!
These two resources are included in this bundle:
SMARTePlans Digital Informative Writing Unit for Google Drive
Explanatory and Informational Writing Unit for Secondary ELA