Teach narrative writing to your students using this traditional narrative writing teaching unit and my digital narrative writing writing resource that works with Google Drive!
The digital SMARTePlans version includes:
- ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive)
- a link to 21 slides of argument writing instruction
- assignment handout, multiple graphic organizers, outlines, peer editing and self check forms, and an interactive rubric.
The traditional narrative writing teaching unit includes:
- An engaging and editable, 32 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of narrative writing. This lesson covers elements needed for a narrative essay, the writing process, and how to organize narrative essays. The PowerPoint will help guide students through the writing process as they develop characters, a setting, and more.
The supplementary material includes:
- A standards-based unit outline
- Multiple in-class brainstorming activities and organizers
- A personal narrative essay assignment with five prompts
- A fictional narrative essay assignment
- An easy-to-understand peer review worksheet
- 100 point essay rubric
This bundle contains these resources:
Narrative Writing Teaching Unit for secondary ELA
SMARTePlans Narrative Writing Unit for Google Drive
Your students will LOVE
this digital resource, and you will see their writing improve.
Connect with me!
The Daring English Teacher Facebook
The Daring English Teacher Twitter
The Daring English Teacher Pinterest
The Daring English Teacher Blog