This lesson plan has everything you need to implicitly teach your students about the first Standard of Mathematic Practice – Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them. The lesson was created for a 7th grade math class, but could be adapted easily for other grade levels.
Included in the file are:
- Lesson Plans in both Smart Notebook and PowerPoint format
- Foldable with questions to help students through the problem-solving process (in multiple sizes)
- Thought Bubble for students to brainstorm
- Student copies of story problem for notes
- Homework worksheet with solutions
- Links to additional resources about this practice standard
Additional lesson plans covering the other practice standards will be available at my store in the near future.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License